POSITION PURPOSE - We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer interested in building a career with one of the world's largest Home Improvement Retailers, operating in more than 2,200 store locations in the U.S, Canada and Mexico. We build software with cutting-edge technologies that scale to support 400,000 associates and millions of customers every day.
We are an Extreme Programming team that believes in test-driven development, working at a sustainable pace, and continuous deployment. We automate anything we have to do twice, and empower our engineering teams to make design decisions and pick the right tools for the job. We are looking for engineers who enjoy pair programming in a fun and open environment and have superb communication skills within a cross-functional team.
Our team values a thorough understanding of object-oriented programming and design patterns, and we love to talk about them! We value generalists over specialists; everyone rotates through the full code base and works with both front-end and back-end web technologies on any given day. No line of code goes un-tested. We mercilessly refactor and aim to leave the code cleaner than we found it with every commit.
You are a confident engineer with a wide breadth of experience. You are in touch with the software engineering community and bring new practices and technologies to the team. You enjoy coaching junior developers and always lead by example. You seek opportunities to teach as well as learn every day.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 7-10+ years related experience. Experience developing programs for production. Demonstrated ability to take business requirements and use to formulate technical design. BS Computer Science or related field
- Ruby on Rails or Spring framework
- Testing frameworks such as RSpec, jUnit, and Jasmine
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure
NATURE AND SCOPE
- View software packages, products and define, prioritize, plan and implement solutions across multiple complex projects.
- Ensure the team comprehends and applies the established processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Provide status reports to Manager and review boards on complex development projects.
- Guide and direct project teams in the requirements gathering, design, and development of complex applications/programs.
- Ensure compliance and conduct appropriate test reviews as necessary.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology
- No Associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time." />
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!