West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Lead DevOps Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if”?
As a Capital One Lead DevOps Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data.You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
What you'll do:
- Driving project/service delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design.
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences.
- Enforcing existing process guidelines.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews.
- Tracking developers' bandwidth to assist in resource allocation.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development.
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor's technical design and code delivery.
- Use of the following technologies: Java, Jenkins, AWS, Ruby, Cucumber, Selenium, Apache, Tomcat, Chef, Angular Link, and Shell Scripting.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 7 years of software development experience.
- At least 7 years of Java development experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in Dev-Ops.
- At least 2 years of experience with AngularJS.
- At least 2 years in people management.
- At least 2 years of experience using AWS.
- Masters Degree
- At least 5 years of experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ruby, Cucumber, or Selenium.
- At least 3 years of Spring framework experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with open-source web services.
- At least 3 years of experience as a technical lead on technology projects.
- At least 3 year of experience with JUNIT, SOAPUI, or Web Service Test Tools.
- Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer or Spring Framework Certification.
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.