Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Global Exchange combines our unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our clients zero in on the opportunities and actions that will generate the most value. We help them decide on a strategy and put it into action. We offer research and advice that give our clients insight into issues shaping their business today. And we offer information and data management plus analytics to help them plot results and manage risk.
State Street aims to be the industry leader in risk management, not by just meeting required standards but by exceeding them daily. As a member of SSGX, each employee owns and manages risk for their environment through educational programs, policy and controls management. Together, we can achieve a best in class culture that encourages/optimizes risk excellence
Project Pharos is a new mobile fintech solution being developed by State Street Global Exchange, the data & analytics division of State Street Corporation, is developing a new mobile Fintech solution geared for Risk Management professionals. This solution will use a combination of machine learning algorithms and human expertise to identify and curate meaningful connections between news and user portfolios, and then provide a customized measure of impact and relevance based on those portfolios.
State Street is looking for a Lead Editor to oversee daily content creation. Candidates must have a passion for eliminating "information overload", have excellent communication skills and impeccable editorial judgment. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of leading teams in a fast-paced digital environment. The Lead Editor works across multiple teams within State Street and may coordinate with strategic partners, so an ability to multi-task is essential.
- Overall responsibility for the editorial quality of the product by guiding selection of relevant news throughout the day
- Work with Senior Risk Analysts to curate and edit news stories and topics sourced by machine learning algorithms
- Lead efforts to convert machine-sourced connections between news and holdings into highly compelling, engaging and relevant content for institutional risk manager
- Collaborate with data scientists, product managers, engineers and risk experts to create the best possible user experience
- Edit and publish content on macroeconomic trends and events of importance to institutional investors
- Conduct editorial research and work with engineers to fine-tune our automated news curation platform
- Support efforts to identify product gaps
- A track record of leadership in digital news environment
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in financial journalism and a deep understanding of which stories matter most to institutional investors
- Excellent news judgment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability work collaboratively with multiple teams
- A comprehensive understanding of editorial best practices
- Familiarity with risk management a plus.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.