Eaton located in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Lead Electrical Engineer.
This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for new and existent power quality products.
- Designs and develops power converters and electrical systems for uninterruptible power systems and accessories.
- Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics.
- Participates as team member in new product development projects (uninterruptible power systems and other power quality products) while meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals. Interfaces closely with cross-functional team members in US, Europe and Asia.
- Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
- Evaluates alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule.
- Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies and trends. Applies knowledge to power electronics designs .
- Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
- Interfaces with factory, service and product engineering departments.
- Grows expertise in systems engineering including hardware, mechanical, and software controls.
- Supports factory introduction and field deployment of new products.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 5 years of electrical engineering experience
- OR a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with a minimum of 3 years of electrical engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Ability to understand Discrete Control Theory and Power Electronics.
- Ability to design power electronics circuits with experience in creating schematics, verifying pcb layouts and building prototypes.
- Ability to validate performance of power electronics using common tools and methods with ability to work in high power lab environment using programmable power supplies , oscilloscopes, power analyzers and meters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solving, strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in team oriented environment.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated, self-managed, team-oriented, proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements.
- Master’s Degree or PHD in Electrical Engineering from an accredited educational institution.
- Experience with new product development efforts.
- Experience working with global cross functional teams.
- Experience with Asian design and manufacturing.
- Experience solving electrical, embedded code, electronic packaging and mechanical interface issues.
- Knowledge of Engineering Change Order systems with knowledge of Enovia (Matrix).
- Knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts.
- Ability to speak Mandarin Chinese.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time