Eaton located in Raleigh, NC has an opening for a Lead Electrical & Systems Engineer to develop innovative solutions for our three phase UPS products. This position is responsible for designing, developing and testing power electronics and other electrical systems and subsystems for UPS and other three phase power systems. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
•Leads electrical and system engineering activities for advanced mission critical power products under the direction of the Office of Chief Engineer
•Mentors, assigns tasks and determines priority for project team members as needed
•Champions innovative solutions in a variety of areas: semiconductor devices, power electronics, magnetics, thermal, and digital controls functions
•Performs system and architectural product design
•Analyzes and simulates power electronics systems including, analog, logical, and digital electronics
•Technical leader for special projects in the division, responsible for meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals.
•Evaluates alternative solutions to satisfy emerging customer wants and needs. Proposes technology roadmaps and development initiatives
•Reviews product development requirement specifications including product management and customer requirements. Writes and maintains functional specifications of design solutions.
•Demonstrates attention to detail and an ability to connect the dots particularly at the system level
•Keeps track of latest power electronics, embedded software and controls strategies. Applies knowledge to power electronics applications.
•Applies Design for Six Sigma principles as part of the development process.
•Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
•Listens to and understands the “Voice of the Customer”
• BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 6 years of industry work experience in electrical product development. OR MS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution with minimum 4 years of industry work experience in electrical product development
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Strong knowledge of Design for Six Sigma concepts
• Solid background in the field of power electronics and control algorithms
• Proficiency in using simulation tools such as Matlab/Simulink, PSpice, etc
• Experience with power electronic utility interface
• Systems engineering experience with complex electrical systems
• Proven track record for leading project teams
• Experience interacting with Global teams
• Knowledge of high power products and related design considerations preferred (200 kVA to 1 MVA).
• A demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
• Self-motivator and self-starter skills
• Cross functional team development experience
• Experience developing complex electrical systems with digital controls
• Ability to evaluate and design higher level system architectural considerations involving electrical, software, and mechanical cross-disciplinary principles.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Good understanding of control of power electronics and/or motor drives
• Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with and productize new and unique ideas
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
• Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
• Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.