Eaton’s Corporate Vehicle Group is seeking a Lead Engineer. The Lead Engineer can be based at either our Marshall, MI headquarters or at our customer location in Columbus, IN.
This Lead Engineer is responsible for leading and coordinating engineering project team activities for assigned programs and projects associated with Engine Air Management product development. These activities may involve interfacing with designers to create and release drawings, coordinating prototype hardware, coordinating performance and durability testing, leading design review and design for six sigma (DFSS) activities, problem solving, failure analysis, and writing technical reports and specification.
Additionally, the Lead Engineer completes assigned projects and provides innovative recommendations for new projects. These recommendations will be based upon technical knowledge and practical knowledge of divisional needs and strategic directions. The role will require frequent interaction with suppliers, customers, and Eaton manufacturing facilities. Achieving the desired results will require individual contributions as well as contributions attained as part of a team. In this role you will collaborate with team members located in the U.S. and other regions in order to engage in problem solving, product improvement, and cost reduction.
Complies with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management System
- Coordinates all product development work for assigned programs and ensures engineering objectives are met.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings and specifications. Develops and issues test procedures, and works with the team to create product specification in area of expertise.
- Practices consistency across product designs, processes and practices. Documents improvements to the engineering standard work processes used to engineer our products
- Conducts product/system analysis through simulation, FEA, calculations and related means. Understand and interpret results to identify problems, make change recommendations and make product/system improvements
- Creates technical project plans and oversees the validation activities for new engineering concepts. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations
- Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems
- Learns and applies technical skills related to mechanical and electrical systems toward establishing new test methods and supporting new product development engineering activities
- Provides technical expertise for assigned program teams and acts as an internal consultant assisting others as needed
- Stays abreast of latest industry trends in area of expertise with the idea of incorporating latest technologies into the product development process
- Participates in customer activities with Sales to demonstrate product technology and engineering capabilities toward earning new business. Creates and performs product training program for customers and internal team members
- Applies an adequate level of computer literacy in the areas of engineering systems software, graphics, presentations, and multimedia. Shares knowledge in computer skills
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Masters in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of engineering experience in a product development environment
- At least 2 years of experience with vehicle engine technologies (advanced boosting, valves, valve actuation technology)
- Large scale, cross-functional project team experience
- Familiarity and experience using DFSS and/or DFM engineering tools
- Experience working with international locations and customers
- Experience with engine system validation and engine component validation
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision-making
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make objective decisions based on engineering analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and achieve results
- Coaches/trains less experienced engineers
- Active member in relevant external councils, organizations, societies, committees, etc. and may co-author or write publications
- Participates in submitting patent disclosures and generating IP and publications in support of business needs
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.