Corporate Supply Chain & Operations
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer - Electronics Assembly
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This role will qualify and support electronics manufacturing of wide varieties within the eCoE in many fronts. You will work with each of the business supporting sourcing, testing and PMO in the following areas:
a. Lead transfer of NPI from GE design & Product Group and sustaining business from non-strategic EMS, Tier 2-3 to 3 Strategic partners.
b. Evaluate and qualify assembly processes such as SMT, COB, Wave, Flex circuits, etc.
Role Summary Continued:
c. Develop, optimize and maintain PCBA design rules for DFM (Valor, Vayo, etc.). Align with IPC.
d. Select, evaluate and approve materials such as solder, flux, conforming coating, potting, etc.
e. Ensure EMS is complying to GE standards for Engineering and Operations, industry standards such as IPC, UL, Mil-spec, ITAR, etc
f. EMS on-site support for NPI, witness and approve FAI and approve ramp-up.
g. Ongoing support to 'make sites' for Engineering Best Practices and Standardization.
h. Work closely with Engineering Technologist and Test Development/Test Engineering to provide technical insight in electronics manufacturing technologies and methodologies
• Leader and Subject Matter Expert with deep domain knowledge in electronic assembly processes such as SMT, COB, Wave (PCBA), Press-fit, Flex circuits and associated Rel. & FA.
• Drive material selection, characterization and standardization for assembly processes
• Implement processes to ensure standard compliance by EMS to GE operation standards, applicable industry standards including IPC, UL, Mil-spec, FDA, ITAR, etc.
• Work with eCoE Test Engineering to debug quality issues and process weaknesses.
• Oversee control plans at EMS to ensure zero defects out of EMS partner to GE/Customer
• Identify, qualify, select and recommend equipment, process, tools, materials (IDM/EDM), etc.
• Monitor performance tied to yield and on-going cost, quality, delivery at EMS.
• Provide on-site support at EMS during NPI, monitor and approve initial production quality.
• Develop road-map for assembly technology (process, comp, matl, etc.) tied to GE needs.
• Approve EMS line layout and process plans linked to Industrial Engineering and Lean.
• Correlate final product characteristics/test report to process properties.
• Conduct studies and solicit observations leading to process improvements.
• Evaluate new process technologies and provide recommendations.
• Work with sourcing, PMO to support on-going manufacturing operations and collaboration with different stakeholders, across time zones and cultures.
• Document manufacturing related information for stake holders within GE and suppliers.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited College or University
• Preferred EE or ME background
• Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience in PCB/PCBA and electronics
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Hands on knowledge about electronics manufacturing, components, PCB, PCBA and HLA/Box B.
• Deep understanding of PCBA manufacturing operation process
• Experience with electronics manufacturing equipment and materials
• Good understanding of PCB and PCBA design rules, component packaging properties
• Someone who has worked in contract manufacturing / electronics mfg. services
• Bachelor degree in Electronics or related Engineering discipline with 5+ years of experience in Tier 1 manufacturing industry
• Working knowledge and understanding of advance practices in Digital Manufacturing and Process Simulation
• Experience in validating supplier documentation and drawings
• Ability to travel (domestic and international) up to 30% of the time.
• Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.