Power Power Services
GE is the world's
Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined
machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through
our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers
better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE's Gas Power Systems
business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and
cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of
applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utilityscale power
plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered
fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant
solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance,
fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer - Risk and Reliability
Services/Installed Base Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Schenectady, Richmond
The Lead Risk and Reliability Engineer will perform analyses to support services and new product initiatives related to Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (planned and unplanned maintenance) for GE Power, Thermal Product related programs. This position will have the opportunity to work with various stakeholders across the Power business including Thermal Systems Engineering, Component Centers of Excellence, Power Generation Services, and Product Line Management.
* Support ITO sales with combined-cycle and simple-cycle reliability analyses on GE and oOEM GT power plant equipment on a programmatic and ad-hoc basis
* Support Condition Based Maintenance, Degradation Based Maintenance, Reliability Centered Maintenance, hot section life entitlement efforts, and PGS Catalog inputs for margin review with gas capital unplanned outage risk and fallout forecasts
* Generate forecasting models for emergent work at planned outages
* Support parts forecasting for inventory minimization
Monitor field and shop data for leading indicators of emerging fleet issues or PGS productivity erosion.
* Execute Design For Reliability on NPI programs to position GE MYA products (for GE or oOEM GTs) in competitive reliability and availability guarantee position.
* Research field events and build predictive models using methods such as Weibull Analysis and other statistical tools
Combine component-level (i.e. Weibull) failure mode models using a range of simulation methods to create system and fleet level predictions of risk for a variety of scenarios
* Perform FMEA (Failure Mode & Effects Analysis) and risk profiling of components on new products through collaboration with design teams
Provide domain expertise to support customer meetings and/or collaborative efforts as required
Provide analysis in support of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Technical Information Letter (TIL) creation, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) projects, and GE Advantage-Reliability
Execute work in accordance with the GE P&W Engineering design practices and quality procedures
* Contribute to continuous improvement in both the products and engineering processes
Coach and Mentor junior engineers in industry/product knowledge and the reliability discipline
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in turbomachinery, design, analytics, or power plant domain
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
* Green Belt Certified (GE Employees only)
* Reliability Practitioner Program Certified (RPP) (GE Employees only)
* Self-starter able to develop, document, and execute engineering assignments with limited supervision
* Engineering design or services experience in gas turbine flange-to-flange equipment including turbine, combustion, compressor, or rotor for GE or other OEM
* Engineering design and validation experience in thermal power plant equipment, such as steam turbines, gas turbine, controls, or accessories
* Experience working in a Power Plant operations and maintenance role with strong working knowledge of Balance Of Plant equipment
* Experience executing or facilitating FMEA
* Experience working with a globally based engineering team
* Experience working in a cross functional organization, i.e. - systems, controls, performance
* Ability to mentor less experienced engineers both locally and across a global team environment
* Ability to rapidly change directions on multiple concurrent projects based on emergent business priorities
* Effective interpersonal and influencing skills
* Effective communication skills, oral and written
* Demonstrated technical skills
* Visionary person that is solution oriented
Understands business objectives and drives the required organizations to meet the objectives
Can grasp the big picture, articulate it and help to convert them into tangible, workable strategies that the organization can execute.
Communicates the business vision effectively in an open and consistent manner
Encourages input from all members of the team
Displays good interpersonal skills - is accessible and approachable
* Growth Traits:
Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met
Measures processes and performance through the customer's eyes
Communicates messages clearly and concisely
Can energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people
Builds loyalty and commitment
Ability to see the "bigger picture" and take small, creative steps in order to reach the end goal
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.