Eaton has an immediate opening for a Program Manager to be located in one of our following Power Systems Division locations: Pewaukee, WI; Waukesha, WI; South Milwaukee, WI; Greenwood, SC; Nacogdoches, TX; Olean, NY
The Divisional Capital Coordinator will lead and drive the Capital coordination for the entire Power Systems Division. The position will also lead higher-priority projects for the division across all product lines. Initiatives include developing and improving PSD capital processes to allow for improved efficiency and alignment with the profit plan. In addition, this position supports and permits high visibility of key PSD projects and initiatives. This position supports capital and projects over the breadth of PSD product offerings as defined by the products/brands maintained by PLMs spanning 10 sites within the USA and Mexico.
- Coordinate capital planning and spending across the division to support cost productivity projects, new product introduction and other strategic initiatives
- Coordinate PSD strategy for capital spend. Recommend options for highest-value approach to satisfy PSD needs within the profit plan.
- Coordinate future-year capital profit plans, and develop a basic understanding of rationale for proposed capital needs. Be able to communicate plant or project needs to PSD management.
- Work closely with PSD leadership team to define/endorse capital plans, communicate capital status to corporate, and to make adjustments in the plan as required.
- Maintain capital database and SharePoint site
- Provide monthly overview of capital spend to track forecasted spend and CIP metrics. Drive Plant Managers and Capital Coordinators to be accountable for their Plant’s forecast
- Coordinate monthly updates with Site Plant Managers and Capital Coordinators. This includes database updates, forecasting, review open CIP spending, closing out CIP spending and SharePoint maintenance
- Report out Capital progress (trends, issues, alignment to plan, etc.) to PSD Leadership team
- Leverage ‘Plant Capital Coordinators’ and provide required mentoring and training
- Develop and maintain Standard Work for SharePoint, CAR Process flow and PSD best practices
- Become the PSD ‘Capital Expert’. Extensive knowledge of CAR documents.
- Create and maintain Leadership Standard Work for Capital Coordinators.
- Lead 1 – 3 projects each year. Viewed to be an expert in the application of Pro-Launch.
- Communicate project status to respective Engineering Directors, PLMs, plant Project Councils, and Leadership team.
- Present at Decision Gate Committee (DGC) for plant or division
- Maintain c-Projects database with relevant project information for ‘owned’ projects
- Align functions to assure consensus on project direction and alignment with project roadmaps
- Leverage ‘Smart Launch’ calendar and process to ensure coordination between active projects and planned launch dates. Ensure launch dates support the profit plan and provide visibility to progress throughout the year.
- Responsible for supporting coordination of electrical safety initiatives within all Power Systems Division locations.
Design and Product Knowledge:
- Understand required product functions, performance requirements, and application for all projects being led. This includes potential interaction with other PSD products.
- Support definition of customer satisfaction drivers, and develop a basic understanding of other PSD products/equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ operational experience working in manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not being provided for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of a Power Systems Division location will be considered: Pewaukee, WI; Waukesha, WI; South Milwaukee, WI; Greenwood, SC; Nacogdoches, TX; Olean, NY
- Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, and/or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in distribution power equipment is a plus
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- SAP (Cost and volume) knowledge
- PMP project management certification or equivalent
- Experience with Lean tools
- Project Management experience
- MS-Project (or similar) and Advanced Excel knowledge
- Self-starter, able to lead cross-functional teams.
- The ability to coordinate and lead successful cross-functional improvements is necessary in addition to possessing superior written, oral and presentation skills.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.