GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Wind Advanced Technologies (WAT) team is responsible for leading New Technology Introduction (NTI) programs focused on reducing the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) for wind power as well as the technical competitive intelligence for the business.
The Lead Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies will be part of the technical competitive assessment team focused on discovering and delivering high value technical competitive intelligence across the organization to support the business' product and technology planning processes.
As the Lead Engineer, Wind Advanced Technologies, you will:
• Stay up to date on industry trends including: order / product announcements and competitive positions, technology developments, and patent landscapes
• Interface with all areas of the business (Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Commercial teams and Sales)
• Work with external parties such as suppliers, government research groups, and universities
• Support and grow a competitive intelligence database
• Integrate intelligence with other teams' processes to enable simpler, faster and more robust execution
• Effectively communicate through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
• Master's Degree in Engineering or Master of Business Administration from an accredited college or university
• Understanding of wind product positioning
• Strong outspoken voice
• Strong understanding of system and component design
• Ability to summarize and communicate complex technical information
• Ability to theorize potential competition and industry moves
• Ability to deal with uncertainty
• Ability to work and influence stakeholders at all levels across the organization
• Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:
@geconnections at http://bit.ly/geconnections
Locations: United States ; South Carolina; Greenville
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.