Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Cultivate impactful relationships with the external innovation community to enable investigation, research, and understanding of emerging technologies. Establishes a consistent approach for managing relationships with the innovation communityKEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cultivate impactful relationships with the external innovation community, including start-ups, venture capital firms, and leading universities and research organizations.
- Coordinate cross-functional due diligence activities to ensure timely & thorough evaluation of new potential partners.
- Leads the collaboration between potential external partners, internal technology functions, and business units to evaluate technical and business feasibility
- Works closely with the senior management to map opportunities and provide detailed assessments of external assets.
- Leverages a clear understanding of the regulatory environments, business models, critical relationships, and emerging technologies to provide Fannie Mae with access to potential partnership opportunities of strategic interest.
- Generates ongoing constructive technical feedback for external partners; continually assess partners; value and strategic importance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- Broad business acumen to tackle a wide range of issues in an integrated fashion (e.g. markets, competition, business models, operations, organization)
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills; comfortable presenting on such topics to executive audiences.
- Venture capital experience
- Strong collaboration experience
- Experience with building strong relationships with external partners
- Experience working with start-up companies
- Experience with understanding emerging technologies
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.