GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE works on things that matter.The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Working for GE Industrial Solutions is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Field Engineer
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Columbus, Cleveland, Other
The Lead Field Engineer role will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. You will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
As the Lead Field Engineer, you will:
* Lead and actively implement GE's Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) policies, procedure, and risk safety assessments so to ensure each job is executed in a safe manner protecting employees, customers, contractors, environment and equipment
* Be responsible for hands on startup, troubleshooting, and repair of Power Delivery equipment in Ohio and surrounding areas; you will also work with transformers, switchgear, Oil Circuit Breakers (OCBs), Circuit Breakers, busways, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS), large motors and variable frequency drives
* Develop knowledge of GE Industrial Solutions, terms & conditions, and those of our customers & sub-contractors to minimize risk and ensure compliance
* Plan, organize, and perform multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, directing the work of other field engineers and craft labor as required, in a timely and efficient manner
* Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
* Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
* Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
* Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
* Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
* Provide knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy
* Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds
* Protect the company's capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible
* Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof
* Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 additional years of related engineering / field experience)
* Minimum of 5 years of field engineering experience
* Ability and willingness to travel 60% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
* Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Knowledge of the Ohio Industrial customer base
* Technical skills in testing of power distribution and delivery to include Breakers, Switchgear, Relays and Transformers
* Technical skills in testing low & medium voltage DC and AC variable speed drives
* Specific technical skills in drives and controls such as DC300, AC / DC 2000, AC Innovation, Analog / Digital Siltrons, and familiarity with MMI's, HMI's, Cimplicity, Arcnet, Genius, CPL and DLAN
* Experience in the design, fabrication, and refurbishment of bus systems as related to open and metal enclosed switchgear applications
* Experience in the repair and refurbishment of Low Voltage (LV) and Medium Voltage(MV) circuit breakers
* Ability to build strong customer relationships
* Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE to the customer
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills
* Customer service oriented
* Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
* Non-GE Power Delivery experience
* Experience in drives, motors, and Programmable Logic Controllers
* US Military experience
PLEASE NOTE: Columbus and Cleveland, OH are the preferred location, however other locations in Ohio may be considered.
Why join one great company when you can join many? At GE, we're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 100 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
GE Energy Management is helping solve the world's toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion, and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for all of us.Learn more about our Business Today!
GE is helping to solve the world's toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for us all - GE works.
GE's Industrial Solutions is charging ahead! Headquartered in Plainville, CT our business offers customized solutions for optimizing energy generation, delivery and utilization in the residential, commercial, and industrial segments as well as a full range of products and services needed to meet the energy challenges of the world.Join us today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.