GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions' product and service solutions add to GE's broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.GEIndustrial.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Field Engineer - Controls
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Field Engineer - Controls will be an individual contributor position that offers the opportunity of a high visibility position. In this role, you will contribute to a program built on customer satisfaction and will be an integral part of a high performing team with emphasis on integrity, quality and speed to results.
As the Lead Field Engineer - Controls, you will:
* Perform full system design of controls systems, including solutions and applications engineering, system design, hardware design, PLC and HMI programming and configuration, startup and commissioning
* Perform ongoing maintenance / repair of contracted and non-contracted Controls and power distribution equipment
* Provide technical support for customers on operational and/or maintenance aspects of the services being provided
* Assist the sales team in determining and providing solutions and application engineering for new potential orders
* Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS (Environmental Health & Safety), Quality, Integrity, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the power quality industry)
* Minimum of 8 years of experience in the power quality industry AND a minimum of 5 years of field and design experience on paralleling switchgear and load management systems
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically & internationally as required (international travel would be minimal, if any)
* Ability and willingness to possess or obtain and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
* Design and Programming Experience with Woodward Governor, GE Intelligent Platforms, and Basler Products.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to deal with customers
* Ability to read and interpret technical instructions, safety manuals, service manuals, electric and electronic schematics, and policies and procedures
* Demonstrate an understanding of single phase and three phase circuit theory and AC / DC circuit theory; be proficient in the use of test equipment
* Skills with ability to learn the use of Microsoft Office products to include Outlook, Excel, Word, and the use of other computer programs necessary to provide service to customers
* Autocad experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.