GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Based in Wilmington, N.C., GEH is a world-leading provider of advanced reactors and nuclear services. Established in June 2007, GEH is a part of a global nuclear alliance created by GE and Hitachi to serve the global nuclear industry. The nuclear alliance executes a single, strategic vision to create a broader portfolio of solutions, expanding its capabilities for new reactor and service opportunities. The alliance offers customers around the world the technological leadership required to effectively enhance reactor performance, power output and safety.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Field Engineer - ISI
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The ISI Lead Field Engineer will provide technical direction and oversight of NDE activities on Nuclear Power Plant Inspection Projects. The Lead Field Engineer will also be responsible to support development of processes, techniques and tooling to meet business needs.
As the Lead Field Engineer - ISI, you will:
* Be responsible to support planning of GEH project schedule and delivery and provide task leadership, technical direction, work coordination and supervision of work teams composed of GEH and contingent worker personnel
* Establish appropriate relationships and interact effectively with senior level customer and supplier management on commercial, technical and compliance issues and work within an integrated services team
* Support business activities including inspection tooling and technique development, Commercial Operations and Planning & Staffing and Training
* Perform duties and complete assignments while maintaining GEH standards for integrity, safety and quality
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline or related Non Destructive Evaluation discipline ( OR High School Diploma with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Nuclear Inspection Activities)
* Minimum of 10 years Nuclear Industry experienceELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% domestically and internationally
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Working knowledge of ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code sections III, V, VIII and XI
* Certified ISI Level II
* Certified ISI Level III in UT PT VT MT
* Holds PDI qualifications for RPV and Piping procedures
* Demonstrated leadership of field teams working at customer sites
* Knowledge of GE Nuclear / GE Energy products, processes, customers, markets and competition
* Six Sigma training / Green Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
* Strong technical knowledge and experience in working with BWR 2-6 ISI, including in-vessel, drywell and BOP ISI techniques
* Strong Communication Skills and Customer Centric Attitude
* Strong Project Management / Presentation / PC skills
* Proven leadership capabilities with ability to motivate others and achieve results
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.