GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions' product and service solutions add to GE's broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.GEIndustrial.com .
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Field Engineer - Power Systems Engineer (PSE)
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Field Engineer - Power Systems Engineer ( PSE ) will perform power system studies and design activities on industrial electrical power distribution systems such as Stability (Transient and Dynamic), Short Circuit, Coordination, Arc Flash, Load Flow, Motor Starting, Power Factor Correction, Harmonic Analysis, Filter Design and other related studies.
As the Lead Field Engineer - Power Systems Engineer (PSE), you will:
* Work directly with customers and GE Sales and Service teams to identify study opportunities, develop and issue proposals and execute work scopes
* Develop knowledge of Energy Services (ES) Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and perform activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance
* Perform on-site work in customer facilities to gather study / design data and perform power system measurements when required
* Be knowledgeable of, and conduct work activities in compliance with the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy
* Prepare study / design reports for delivery to customers
* Further expand technical knowledge and expertise
* Exercise solid judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds
* Protect the company's capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible
* Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof
* Develop knowledge of Energy Services Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and perform activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance
* Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
* Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
* Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
* Perform administrative functions, such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
* Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
* Minimum of 5 years of field engineering experience with power distribution systems
* Minimum of 1 year of experience performing power system studiesELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability and willingness to travel 35% of the time, both domestically and internationally
* Ability and willingness to possess / obtain and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
* PSE Certification
* Knowledge of power distribution and utilization equipment and application considerations including the various types of switchgear, relays, breakers, transformers, motors, generators including control and excitation and adjustable speed drives
* Knowledge and awareness of the various software packages (Easy Power, SKM and GE PSEC Software) and specific detailed experience on at least one of the commercially available packages
* Knowledge and awareness of relevant international industry standards including IEC, NFPA, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI Standards
* Strong customer service
* Strong Project Management skills
* Leadership experience
* Thorough PC / Windows / Office software literacy including the use of Word for report generation and the development of sophisticated engineering calculation spreadsheets in Excel
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.