GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Based in Wilmington, N.C., GEH is a world-leading provider of advanced reactors and nuclear services. Established in June 2007, GEH is a part of a global nuclear alliance created by GE and Hitachi to serve the global nuclear industry. The nuclear alliance executes a single, strategic vision to create a broader portfolio of solutions, expanding its capabilities for new reactor and service opportunities. The alliance offers customers around the world the technological leadership required to effectively enhance reactor performance, power output and safety.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Field Engineer - Under Vessel
Field Services and Maintenance
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Field Engineer - Refuel Floor and Under Vessel will provide over-all technical leadership and front line supervision for the successful execution of complex projects and activities involving BWR 2-6 reactor disassembly, assembly, fuel movement, in-core maintenance and under vessel activities.
As the Lead Field Engineer, you will:
* Be responsible for planning, scheduling and delivery of field projects including project management, task leadership, technical direction, work coordination and supervision of work teams composed of GE and contingent worker personnel including craft labor at Customer sites
* Provide project management including planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting and coordination of internal and external resources for assigned projects and programs
* Provide leadership, work coordination and supervision of work teams composed of GE and contingent worker personnel including craft labor
* Establish appropriate relationships and interact effectively with senior level customers and suppliers management on commercial, technical & compliance issues and work within an integrated services team
* Support business activities including proposal preparation, cost estimating, and interfaces with Customer Service, Commercial Operations
* Be responsible for Planning & Staffing, and Training
* Provide tooling and equipment expertise
* Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; getting first-hand customer information and using it for improvements in products and services
* Maintain diligence on integrity, safety and quality metrics and processes
* Support Product Line Leaders as necessary
* Bachelors Degree of Science in an Engineering discipline (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Nuclear Maintenance Activities)
* Minimum of 3 years of Nuclear industry experience
* Minimum of 3 years Under Vessel tooling, troubleshooting and maintenance experience
* Minimum of 3 years Instrumentation and Control (I&C), troubleshooting and maintenance experienceELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
* Ability and willingness to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability and willingness to climb and descend 10 flights of stairs twice per day
* Ability and willingness to pass respirator fit test and physical
* Ability and willingness to pass Fitness For Duty requirements and site security requirements to obtain unescorted access
* Ability and willingness to work under high stress conditions
* Ability and willingness to work in radiation controlled areas and radioactively contaminated areas
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally to plant sites up to 75% of the time, as required
* Ability and willingness to work 12 hours a day, 7 days per week when delivering of field projects
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Marine, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
* Knowledge of nuclear power plant refueling activities and under-vessel activities
* Knowledge of BWR Vessels and Components, Nuclear Steam Safety System (NSSS), Reactor Containment Building
* Strong computer skills; ability to use MS Office, MS Project, E-Matrix Database
* Well organized and self-directed
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.