GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Finance Project Manager - Hyperion
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Finance Project Manager - Hyperion will continue to lead the GE Power business through the Financial Transformation Project including planning, design and implementation of the Oracle/Hyperion suite of products which will be used to manage changes in master data and collect, consolidate, and report actual and planning financial data across the legacy Energy businesses.
The Lead Finance Project Manager - Hyperion will need to draw from experience or training in the areas of project management and financial systems implementation to provide leadership across multiple project teams that are implementing DRM, HFM / FDM, Essbase, Planning, and OBIEE, in conjunction with GE Enterprise Standards.
In this role, you will:
* Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives
* Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization
* Be involved in long-term planning
* Contribute to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise
* Be knowledgeable of systems and process to be able to provide assistance and respond to questions of others in broad organization
* Lead the analysis, requirement development, design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of financial reporting and planning solutions for business processes, including Hyperion Planning, HFM, DRM, etc.
* Identify solutions which meet broad range of disparate business requirements, driving a more consistent approach to consolidation, planning and reporting across the broader Power business, and in accordance with Company Enterprise Standards
* Reassess design decisions related to the Power Hyperion Planning Tools and Reporting structure in connection with business changes
* Evaluate impact of identified/suggested changes to tools as needed
* Be responsible for overall cross function / cross business project plan, including driving accountability of project tasks and identifying risks to the overall program
* Coordinate effort across multiple project teams, which includes businesses, HQ and Corporate
* Continually evaluate system capability and identify, design and implement needed updates in a constantly changing business environment
* Contribute to transition strategy as businesses migrate from highly integrated current tools to new Enterprise standard tools and master data
* Serve as solution delivery expert for the design and implementation of assigned finance areas
* Drive and is accountable for operational excellence of assigned program(s), with duties including project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution and closure for all project work related to the program
* Manage budgets and contracts associated with program(s) or initiative(s)
* Manage activities of project team resources to support and deliver solutions relating to the program(s)
* Maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization
* Coordinate program support activities, including the development of internal and external communications, establishing roadmaps and benchmarks, and developing training plans
* Support, advise, assist, guide and resolve problems for business leaders and users
* Work as a business partner with client leaders and users to evaluate/improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions
* Ensure conformance to finance standards and practices
* Prepare and present project plans, status reports, cost / benefit studies and recommend funding and resources
* Act as a change agent for business processes
* Coordinate outsourced supplier efforts as required
* Serve as a knowledge resource to the accounting user field to assist with questions on system functionality and processing complex transactions
* Bridge knowledge gap between various financial systems and applications
* Possess basic level of systems knowledge to be able to interact / converse with IT personnel
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with financial and systems operations and their implementation into the business function
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor' Degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS, or business
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
* Quality and cost driven
* Established project management and organizational abilities
* Experience with computerized accounting systems and OLAP reporting tools, accounting principles and financial reports, systems analysis and design methodologies
* Experience with Hyperion reporting tools
* Working knowledge of HFM, FDM, DRM, Essbase, Hyperion Planning, OBIEE, Oracle G/L and SAP components
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.