The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, customer service initiatives to improve productivity and reduce costs. You can have an impact on profitability by being a proactive business partner to Customer Service Operations to help them achieve their financial objectives.
• Prepare final financial plan, forecast, reporting and analysis for the business clients.
• Develop the Business Plan, Commitment View, Best View, including analysis, distribution and recommendations for management reviews.
• Prepare final monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
• Develop the final in depth analysis of the business performance and recommend action plans; including gap closures, considerations for managing cost, growing the revenue and profitability.
• Develop final capital planning models, reports and templates.
• Define the need for and the source of data requirements for the planning & forecasting and reporting processes.
• Conduct the development of strategic business analysis with overlays and commentary.
• Create final performance reports, including business insights, ad-hoc analysis and recommendations to executive management.
• Proactively identify possible scenarios, risks and opportunities around business performance.
• Create profitability/costing models and oversee/communicate model updates to the Center of Excellence.
• Develop and analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. minutes of work, shrink).
• Model/assess performance scenarios to analyze risks and opportunities.
• Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
• Four or more years of relevant experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
• Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
• A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
• Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
• Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
• Familiar with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge of FASB requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Proficiency in Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
• Good communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
• Experience and knowledge of Customer Service operations and Resource Management/Force to Load modeling.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.