The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Identify business processes and systems improvements in collaboration with Corporate, Business Unit, Corporate Shared Services and/or Service Delivery teams.
- Coordinate and manage the monthly financial system support functions along with the Finance Systems Group.
- Assist in the development of system enhancements and integration of new acquisitions.
- Elicit requirements from key stakeholders by conducting interviews or determining needs based off of prior experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct data analysis on the underlying reporting and source systems.
- Exhibit familiarity in using multidimensional and relational reporting systems for analysis.
- Create final documentation of business, functional, and data requirements.
- Generate final work plan for the implementation of process and system improvements and validates with Financial Systems Group (FSG).
- Finalize all training materials of implemented processes and/or systems for the customer(s).
- Assist with executing training sessions for the customer(s) on the utilization of newly implemented processes and/or systems.
- Coordinate testing with business users of functional requirements (i.e. user acceptance Testing, regression testing) and collaborate with Financial Systems Group (FSG) to resolve discrepancies.
- Develop and execute test cases while assisting business users during user acceptance testing.
- Facilitate post-mortem assessment to drive continuous improvement and incorporates results into Business Process and System Improvement best practices.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Information Science or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience with programming, coding, and scripting skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple competing priorities.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Master's degree in Math, Finance, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or Information Science .
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Experience with FP&A business practices.
- Experience with most, if not all, areas of business analysis.
- Knowledge of SDLC processes.
- Certifications: Six Sigma, Oracle/Hyperion, CBIP, CBAP, and/or PMP, or in the process of achieving certification.
- Strong knowledge in the usage of Essbase, Smart View,Hyperion Strategic Finance, Oracle DRM, and Collibra.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to focus on the details and to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Advanced knowledge of process and business systems improvements and implementation.
- Experience with programming, coding and scripting skills.
- Knowledge in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL and/or similar tools.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.