The principle purpose of the Lead Analyst, Finance is to partner with Supply Chain leadership, the Centers of Expertise (COE) and within finance as a subject matter expert in support of core company focus areas. This is accomplished by cross-function collaboration to convert complex business plans into functional forecasts, develop and maintain operating scorecards, develop business cases, and provide proactive analysis, insights, and recommendations to optimize business performance.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing analytical best practices, accurately reporting and analyzing results and identifying insights for decision making. The Lead Analyst is responsible for developing an unbiased, holistic view of the key drivers of business performance. This is achieved by executing diagnostic processes that survey current business performance and determining opportunities for improvement regarding financial and business objectives. In addition, the Lead Analyst will create actionable Measures of Success (MoS) as well as prepare schedules and analysis for internal and external executive meetings by collaborating with key stakeholders to coordinate the message and deliverables.
To accomplish this, the Lead Analyst, Finance must have solid knowledge of finance and/or business analytics. This individual will collaborate with Finance peers to ensure that insights from USHI functional areas and business units (BUs) are understood and incorporated into work products. Additionally, this individual must be able to work effectively within a matrixed organization, demonstrate self-leadership skills, and possess the ability to influence and interact with various levels of the organization.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Quantitative or Applied Social Sciences or related field plus 5 years experience in finance or analytical role OR Advanced Degree OR 8 years experience in finance or analytical role
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
• Experience with Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• 1 year of experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling
• Master's Degree in related field
• Supply Chain experience
• Experience leading people directly or indirectly
• Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based systems, multi-dimensional databases, such as TM1, Hyperion or Essebase
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g., MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata, TM1, Alteryx, SSIS, SQL, Svr)
• Experience with relational database management, database marketing and/ or customer-centric analytics
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.