What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Provide support for all debt and derivatives execution, tracking and reporting. Respond/address ad-hoc inquiries as needed.
- Maintain debt and derivatives payment schedules, as well as month end accrual reporting to accounting supporting the month end close. Rework manual processes to automated using Treasury workstation.
- Recommend solutions as needed to debt and derivatives execution and funding management.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reports and questionnaires for Senior Management as required by indentures, external (NY Fed, NYSE, FATCA) and internal organizations.
- As it relates to derivatives, responsible for collateral posting as needed and all ISDA / GMEI / DTCC management.
- Prepare and track payments for all debt related invoices.
- Prepare monthly FX reports for global invoicing and accounting transactions/ translation JEs.
- Serve as the “Lead” (point of contact) for on audit requests.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of Treasury, Accounting, and/or financial analysis experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Financial Systems.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CTP, CFA, CPA).
- Understanding of corporate Treasury, stock, debt, cash investments, and products and services offered by banks
- Knowledge of key organizations that interact with Treasury e.g., Accounting, FP&A, Legal and Accounts Payable.
- Familiar with the preparation of General Ledgers, Basic Knowledge Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX control.
- Proficiency in Treasury applications (i.e. FIS-Quantum, Reval, Bloomberg, etc.)
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.