What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-classFinancing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
- Manage the relationships with third-party Asset Recovery vendors to increase recoveries. Process all due diligence letters received from other companies in a timely manner.
- Assist with all audit data requests from both internal and external auditors. Strengthen controls where necessary to minimize audit risk/findings.
- Assist team lead to ensure the timely and accurate completion of unclaimed property filings for all assigned entities. Complete on-line filings for all states which require them.
- Ensure that all unclaimed property held by Verizon is properly and accurately maintained in Verizon's unclaimed property databases. Ensure the minimization of unclaimed property though managing the coordination of internal and third-party escheat exemptions. All properties are updated with the proper status at the time the status changes. All DD letters are coded properly upon receipt.
- Savings as a result of escheat exemptions and other properties removed from escheat are recorded.
- Manage the due diligence process, including sending address files to vendor, updating the addresses in the unclaimed property systems, and sending the letter files/PDFs to the vendor for mailing.
- Work with Finance on reviewing miscellaneous deposits daily (checks, wires and EFTs) and ensure they arecharged to the proper companies.
- Complete daily reconciliations (bank reportto RTC file)
- Respond to customer inquiries
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- A professional certification (e.g. CTP, CFA, CPA).
- Understanding of unclaimed property and/or asset recovery.
- Knowledge of key organizations that interact with Unclaimed Property e.g., Bill to Cash, Accounts Payable, and Payroll.
- Proficiency in Unclaimed Property applications (i.e. UPCS, Tracker, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.