Job Location: United States : New York : New York Alternate Job Location : United States : New Jersey : Bridgewater || United States : New Jersey : Whippany || United States : North Carolina : Cary
The Lead Financial Consultant, part of a new and dynamic team developing the Global PAR / Business Case Center of Excellence, will identify, revise, and implement financial metrics and corresponding calculation tools that will effectively evaluate business case / PAR submissions initiatives. As a valued contributor, this individual will spend a significant portion of time analyzing and synthesizing financial information in order analyze and monitor execution of the business case portfolio and validate alignment to the financial plan. S/he will be responsible for drafting clear and concise reporting or communication materials and data visualizations meant for senior leadership of the enterprise. This individual will also gain valuable experience by supporting other strategies such as the Unit Cost Initiative and the development of financial KPIs intended to link operational performance with financial results. The right person for this role will have hands-on ROI experience, deep financial acumen, and a natural curiosity to investigate and improve all things related to PARs and business cases.
- Supervise the implementation of the Global PAR expansion strategy in order to drive operational financial performance through strategic investment and alignment
- Lead development and refinement of performance measures (ROI, IRR, etc.) and re-engineering of related processes
- Provide consultative direction in the creation, communication, and implementation of strategic business cases and corresponding financial analyses
- Collect aggregate business case data; uses management analysis tools to conduct analyses such as cost vs. benefits, trends over time, and benefit interdependencies; makes recommendations and presents results
- Create effective dashboards and data visualizations as well as presentation materials incorporating graphs, charts, tables and other illustrations
- Interface with key stakeholders within Finance as well as subject matter experts across the organization
- Conduct/ coordinate research and/or participates in special studies, model complex future short-term and long-term financial results, reconciles actual results against projections, and explains variances
- Work with business units across the organization to understand their key measurable data points and KPIs
- Master’s degree or advanced degree is highly desired, Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- CPA/CFA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience, specifically in financial services and/or business strategy and operations.
- Prior experience in projects that require detailed execution
- Ability to manage consensus at various levels and cultivate strategic internal relationships across highly matrix-ed organization
- Proficient with defining and querying data from multiple tables and source systems, as well as synthesize data analysis into clear concise communications and/or data visualizations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results driven environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong acumen in business models, processes, finance, and technology (i.e., core business applications).
Up to 10%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.