Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Full Stack Developer - Enterprise Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Full stack developer to help build out our web-based analytics and operations platform to manage Core Tech IT infrastructure and assets. As a full stack developer you will have the opportunity to build new applications from scratch, and influence system design.
* Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers, Sr. Engineers
* Identify the scope of the work
* Help lead agile software development and manage the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
* Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding. Work closely with your peers and engage in a fast paced development team
* Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
* Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
* Drive code deployment establishing best practices and updates/revisions of software
* Seek and provide feedback on design and development
* Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
* Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
* Help in design and implement interfaces and information exchange between systems
* Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and skilled in build, release & deployment processes
* Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Software Development/Data ETL/Cloud Infrastructure OR Master's degree with 1 years of experience in Software Development
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
* Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
* Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
* Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Interest in Big Data technologies
* Experience with cloud development/deployment, specifically AWS (S3, EMR, Lamda, etc)
* Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
* Hands-on experience with streaming Big Data services (Kinesis)
* Hands-on experience with messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc..)
* Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL
* Hands-on experience with Python application development
* Platform engineering and full stack development experience is a plus
* Experience with open source in-memory compute solutions: ATLAS (Scala)
* Interest in data science/analytics
* Experience with Big Data / Hadoop / NoSQL Database (Cassandra etc.) / Data Warehousing is a big plus
* Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
* Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.