Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is currently hiring a Lead Full Stack Engineer in our San Jose, CA office. This is a great opportunity for you to join a high performing team of technologists to scale out a core platform services powered to support PayPal's state of the art analytics, data science, risk management capabilities.
As Engineer, you will design, develop, test and debug large scale complex core platform services using cloud and big data technologies. This role will involve working closely with the Architects, Product Managers & Data Analysts.
• Develop web applications and tools for the effective management and operation of core platform services
• Analyze and improve stability, efficiency, and scalability of the platform
• Work closely with Architects, lead engineers and business on product design and features.
• Mentor and coach junior engineers on various design and development aspects of big data platform.
• Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologiesQualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's or Master's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field with minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages, especially Java
- Experience in developing high performance, scalable and highly available web services using J2EE and frameworks such as RESTEasy and Jersey
- Good understanding of web services and SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON and SOAP/WSDL.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Kafka, Druid is a plus
- Experience of developing scalable web applications using Node.js,Express, React/Angular
- Experience in at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby.
- Knowledge and experience working with various data sources like web services (rest, soap), unstructured data files, flat files, message queues, xml based events, databases.
- Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record on delivering results, especially in the area of writing high-performance, reliable and maintainable code.
- Ability to adapt to new development environments, changing business requirements and learning new systems highly desired.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technical vision, presentation and technology leadership skills.
- Ability to coach and mentor fellow team members
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.