Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Lead Full-stack Web Developer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?” Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work with product owners to deliver desired applications, features, and capabilities along with required testing scenarios.
- Lead a team to write and deliver code that is modular, highly scalable, and robust to achieve better quality, satisfy stakeholders and delight customers.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices, as well as educate the broader organization of best practices.
- Contribute code to the development of multi-platform application systems, through local builds and deployments as well as the CI/CD environments.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
- Ensure adherence to Agile team norms and coding standards, software design best practices, architecture strategy and intent.
- Conduct Design and code reviews to ensure code adheres to development standards.
- Coach and mentor junior developers as needed to build code to adhere to standards.
- Collaborate with other tech teams and product owners for delivering optimal technology solutions.
- Stay up to date on technologies, techniques, and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience building software in an enterprise or commercial environment.
- At least 5 years of experience with Java in a J2EE environment.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Proficiency in working with the Spring Boot Java framework.
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and Java in a J2EE environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency of CICD technologies - Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, AWS.
- Understand the concepts of code repositories and be able to commit code to Git or Subversion.
- Experience with test automation such as Selenium, Cucumber or PhantomJS.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and/or XP.
- Ability to use a variety of open source and commercial technologies and tools.
- Embrace, practice and evangelize frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Working knowledge of the Unix/Linux command line.
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating in a large team environment.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.