Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description Core Job Duties/Responsibilities
This role is a key member of the Business Resource Center (BRC), Aramark's in house design team focused on the development and delivery of high quality sales and enterprise communication. We support the global sales force's efforts to drive growth and win record levels of new business. The team is creative, collaborative and dedicated to fueling the growth of the company. The BRC is based in the historic Wanamaker building at headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
Our Lead Designers are specialist team players within our Business Resource Center. They are key members within the creative arm of our group and execute all aspects of the design, layout, and final delivery of highly complex projects for sales, operations, marketing, and internal support materials. They are self-starters and lead within a team or as an individual. Their experience and expertise provides a heightened level of support to not only the client but also to our less-seasoned members of the BRC. They can be brought into, or consulted on, any aspect of the visual element of a given job produced within the BRC.
Gifted with the ability to take a statement like, "I have this little idea," from a salesperson and convert it into a clear, impactful and winning sales deliverable. In addition the Lead Designer has the ability to extract the idea from the client when they struggling to secure one and communicate a plan as to how to create. Often this is done while collaborating with talented colleagues including our content developers, writers, proofers, production and an extensive proposal coordinator team. They have the ability to assist and give direction when called upon to those in need of visual direction or rationale.
Our Lead Designers are cool under pressure and jump in to add expertise with brand storytelling through visuals. Day to day work includes substantial variety and complexity, requiring originality and ingenuity. Looking to thrive in a fast paced, production deadline driven environment? We're a good fit. Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to think differently and lead a strategic conversation with minimal direction.
- Be able to delegate needs to complete project objectives, be it with internal resources or outside vendors
- Ability to suggest the direction of a project instead of relying only on client direction.
- Utilize InDesign skills to produce highly complex sales, operations, and internal support materials: flow-in text, insert pictures, apply style guides, page numbers, formatting, spell checking, etc. for a variety of documents.
- Expert PhotoShop skills to deliver slicks, brochures, internal communications, events, and other graphic design projects, as well as graphic design work requiring an advanced to expert level in Illustrator.
- Continually improve and demonstrate best practices to peers, clients, and organization.
- Gain clarification, approval, and feedback from clients on proposals and other materials.
- Be able to identify and recommend project manager support based on project needs.
- Own the integrity, coordination and organization of shared electronic files.
- Be comfortable in offering an alternative professional approach if a client's direction is misguided.
- Work with content and proofreading team to ensure proper grammar, message consistency, and brand voice for all documents.
- Ensure quality assurance for all documents and materials for assigned clients. Ensure corporate identity compliance, high-quality photographs, and accurate content. Maintain quality throughout draft, editorial, and production phases. Participate in production of documents as needed.
- Must be available to work non-traditional work hours to accommodate workload and delivery of deadline-driven projects.
- Ability to guide copywriters with intended story and theme
- Commitment to and consistent ability to meet project deadlines, while managing multiple client priorities.
- Understand, interpret and execute The Challenger Sale
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Be a thought leader in new approaches, techniques, technologies or trends.
- Some travel required
- A positive, can-do attitude is a must. As a lead within the team there must be a deep desire to constantly be looking to improve, better and grow the team with an upward momentum.
- Expert project management skills, with the ability to multi-task while still maintaining quality of work and meet deadlines. As well as recommend additional project manager support from the greater team where needed.
- Assignments are broad in nature and require efficiency, speed and consistency.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and approach a wide variety of projects from new angles.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to manage up and down the organization.
- Skilled at research and the use of content management systems to find information and options for sellers.
- Exhibit strong customer service traits and has a proven record of high customer satisfaction feedback.
- Must be able to handle deadline pressures and multiple assignments and clients. Track record of taking a leadership role in proactively creating and maintaining timelines, updating team on progression and proactively following up on adherence to timelines, and performing work within specified response and turnaround times.
- Advanced to expert level proficiency in PhotoShop, plus a proven advanced to expert proficiency level with Illustrator. Premiere/AfterEffects (or similar motion graphic software), and/or web software (preferably HTML5) is a strong plus.
- Advanced knowledge Adobe Creative Suite with a superior command of InDesign as well as Microsoft Office with an emphasis on PowerPoint
- Strong packaging skills preferred.
- Must be comfortable in a PC format.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience. College degree in design, business, or communications, or comparable work experience. Coursework in advertising, marketing and graphics is desirable.
- Portfolio of relevant marketing or sales materials is required at interview stage.