Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead HMI User Experience Engineer
Plant Systems Engineering
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Lead HMI User Experience Engineer, you will enter an exciting career field where you will assist in the engineering of systems that protect and operate power plant controls. You will have to possess understanding of visualization software and engineering principles as well as exhibit project management and communication skills.
As the Lead HMI User Experience Engineer, you will:
• Design and implement User Interfaces for turbine control new unit / retrofit using a variety of HMI software packages and modern web-based technologies
• Create / Maintain UX object libraries for use across the fleet
• Validate system performance in collaboration with GE and third party providers
• Support communication networks for control system applications
• Provide system design engineering as required to facilitate the ordering, engineering, installation (construction) design and commissioning of GE and third party control systems and industrial networks
• Support Engineering Services field personnel in technical resolution of field problems
• Handle multiple projects / activities
• Ensure quality is ingrained into our products and processes
• Perform hardware selection of system control components for HMI solutions
• Create customized product documentation for internal and external customers
• Work in an AGILE development environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with UX design including advanced scripting
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally to support site installation at customer locations 10% of the time, as business requires
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Demonstrated aptitude for and interest in or experience working with industrial network communication protocols such as OPC, Modbus, TCP / IP, ProfiBus, and emerging technologies
• Strong background in HMI application software including Proficy CIMPLICITY and Historian based products
• Demonstrated interest in or experience working in the industrial controls or power generation industry
• Strong computer skills: experience with Windows based applications including Windows XP, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows 2012 Server and proficiency in standard MS Office applications
• Technical skills in engineering design and construction practices
• Proven team player with solid cooperation, flexibility and demonstrated capacity to learn complex information quickly
• Field experience in related equipment
• Good oral and written communication skills
• High energy team player with multi-cultural skills, able to influence effectively in a decentralized, cross functional matrix and global environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.