Under general direction, acts as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC controls and building automation (BAS) projects with assigned customers in a safe and cost effective manner. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and project closeout.
Works with the Project Manager to support financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings, and collections. Maintains both customer satisfaction and profitable and accurate project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, technicians, designers, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards.
Location: Primarily supports the Scott Air Force Base (Military experience not required). May help support projects around the St. Louis area at times also.
Benefits: Eligible for health and retirement benefits on first day of employment
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
1. Completes typical installation and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to
customers, Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors.
2. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of
work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
Communicates both technical and business related issues with the clients.
3. Manages the selection, ordering, budget and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned via our web-based tool process.
4. Secures pricing and availability from outside vendors and suppliers, mechanical and electrical subcontractors including scope, terms and conditions. May request several bids in pricing process. Oversees subcontractor payment and billing processes.
5. Provides jobsite coordination for panel and field device physical locations. Ensures
installation is in accordance with Johnson Controls standards and project requirements.
6. Manages and completes the loading, device verification, and commissioning of all system
controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and resolves issues with
subcontractors and others to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate project as-built and
7. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate
format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow through best business
practices and continuous improvement metrics.
8. Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to System Technicians, Electrical
Installers and System Designers. Provides technical assistance to subcontractors. Ensures
that delegated tasks are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of
9. Effectively communicates the status of projects to management as required and provides
monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin.
10.Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures
proper execution of warranty.
11.Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and cost
effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
12.Performs site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system in full or with
assistance. Ensures owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and
manuals for system operation.
13.Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants
and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required.
14. Coordinates with Project Engineers on bundled jobs to deliver cost efficient solutions that
exceed customer expectations.
15.Follows all safety standards and has the highest regard for employee and subcontractor safety.
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
1. Associates Degree with two years of field experience, or four or more years of equivalent related field experience in the HVAC controls and building automation industry.
2. Must have relevant technical hands on experience in systems programming and commissioning of digital HVAC controls systems (DDC)
3. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
4. Must demonstrate the ability to perform work independently.
5. Strong personal computer skills.
6. Must have knowledge of control theory and HVAC systems and equipment.
7. Ability to engineer drawings preferred
8. Experience with Metasys strongly preferred
9. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.