At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Lead Inspection Technician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. As a Lead Inspection Technician you are responsible for overseeing the entire Quality Check & Inspection process. This individual's primary focus is to ensure inspection excellence (processes running smoothly, efficient and maintaining a high percentage pass rating). This vital position will take lead in assisting each customer's account through inspection and onto PTO (interconnection).
- Directly supervise the Inspection Techs within the office, including performance management, time keeping, and career development
- Attend office daily correlation meeting(s)
- Conduct daily meeting with inspection team(s)
- Audit schedule(s) to ensure the calendar is up-to-date & accurate
- Follow up with local city/county officials (inspectors) to review the current days schedule
- Actively communicate with corporate support team
- Actively track accounts from panel installation to Pre-PTO, and coordinate with Support Team to appropriately schedule
- Attentive to emails & promptly replying
- Ensure technicians properly set up and tie off ladders for the city/county inspectors
- Ensure technicians open all necessary electrical panels and junction boxes for inspector to observe
- Ensure technicians perform pre-inspection prior to inspector arriving on-site
- Rivet placards/Add stickers to electrical equipment (if necessary)
- Ensure technicians proactively take notes for corrections (and follow up with installation team to ensure prompt turn-around)
- Proactively keep up with van stock and the necessary materials needed for a full-days' work
- Submit daily report of the Quality Check(s) & Inspection(s) results to Support Team & Local Management
- Update local office spreadsheet on account progress
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Electrical apprentice card is preferred
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to keep a positive attitude
- Ability to be comfortable being and working on roofs
- Ability to work well with others that are on your work team
- Must have a clean and valid driver's license, and be able to pass a drug test and background check
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- Individual should not have a fear of heights
- Microsoft operating system proficiency (recommended)
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.