Field Inspection Supervisor
What you will do:
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have a talented team on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
The will be an integral part in the continued success and growth of the Service Department by providing support for the Total Service Manager and Inspection Department. This position requires a high energy level with a focus towards customers and a strong desire to succeed. How you will do it:
• Communicating with customers and resolving customer issues
• Reviewing open inspection reports and ensuring service requests are closed
• Responding to code questions
• Ordering supplies and parts as needed
• Scheduling and coordination of inspection team
• Completing monthly forecasting of BAMA inspections
• Monitoring GPS tracking
• Resolving scheduling issues
• Investigating drivers alerts
• Scheduling and tracking of training
• Conducting field visits, audit inspection reports and inspections
• Tracking deficiency identification
• Evaluating inspector productivity
• Manage mobility programs
• Management experience preferred, but not necessary
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Manage and prioritize substantial and diverse workload and changing priorities
• Be assertive to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion
• Must have well developed communication, presentation, writing and interpersonal skills indicative of an ability to interact effectively with peers, customers and outside vendors
• Remain focused on a goal or task despite changing situations
• Fast-paced environment where priorities change daily
• Positive attitude and motivated to work in team environment is a must
• Working as part of a team, but responsible for individual accomplishments as well
• Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening.
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Who we are:
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com What we look for:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in service, installation or inspections in fire & security industry with 1 year minimum in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of local and national fire code requirements and a NICET Level III Electrical and Sprinkler (Level II Suppression) certification.
- Knowledge of multiple lines of fire protection equipment with demonstrated aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.