What you will do
What we look for
- Proficient at maintaining, repairing, installing, and programming conventional and addressable alarm systems, IP camera systems and Security alarm systems.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include oscilloscope, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Perform inspections and installation activities on electronic alarm systems.
- Overtime and Night Shift may be required during busy project schedules\or deadlines.
- Able to direct and supervision installation personal on specific assigned projects
- Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
- Five (5) years experience in addressable and conventional Fire systems, Access Control systems and design Integrated Security Systems maintenance.
- Two (2) year associate degree in a technical field such as electronics, electricity or equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Networking and computer programming skills desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Pass criminal background check and drug test.
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs, unaided by management.
- Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Self starter needed that can work with minimum supervision.
- Access Control Certifications
- IP Camera Certifications
- Computer network experience
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.