POSITION PURPOSE -
Do you want to be part of a thrilling revolution influenced by technology? The Home Depot is a $80+ billion business-focused environment where you can contribute in a variety of functional areas covering all aspects of the consumer value chain. We are currently managing leading software packages and technology platforms to deliver creative results to our business partners and customers. We need people who understand how best to apply technologies to solve problems and develop innovative solutions. If you are looking for an opportunity to see instant, progressive, and substantial business benefits from your technology talents and experience, it's the perfect time to join The Home Depot.
As a Lead Developer will be focused on developing and enhancing the "Launcher" experience on both desktop and mobile clients, which includes features such as single sign-on, icon configuration, and role-specific configurations; as well as hardware device peripheral integration.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Ability to work with many groups and teams across the organization to coordinate on a solution
- Strong desire to problem solve
- Self-motivated to succeed individually, help the team succeed, and add to the overall value of the company
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing with nodejs
- Experience developing for Chrome OS
- Modern software and XP methodologies
- Pair programming
- Retail experience
- API development experience
- Mobile development experienceMAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- View software packages, products and define, prioritize, plan and implement solutions across multiple complex projects
- Ensure the team comprehends and applies the established processes, policies, standards and procedures
- Provide status reports to Manager and review boards on complex development projects
- Guide and direct project teams in the requirements gathering, design, and development of complex applications/programs
- Ensure compliance and conduct appropriate test reviews as necessary
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Typically reports to Manager, Information Technology
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team: may select team members and assess capabilities, provide technical training, provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives, evaluate program or project performance.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!