Power Information Technology
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead IT Project Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Atlanta, Greenville, Schenectady, AMSTC
* As a Lead IT Project Manager - Global Logistics & Trade Compliance, you should possess strong project management & technical skills who would be responsible for managing the execution & delivery Oracle Transportation Management/Global Trade Management(OTM/GTM )projects as part of the Power Logistics & Trade Compliance IT team. You would be required to work in a matrix organization for project execution and delivery.
* As Lead IT Project Manager - Global Logistics & Trade Compliance, you will:
* Serve as solution delivery expert for the design and implementation of OTM/GTM and utilizing Oracle Fusion Middleware and WebMethods integration technologies.
* Be accountable for operational excellence of assigned program(s), with duties including project reviews, feasibility, cost benefit analysis, prioritization, initiation, execution, required documentation and closure for all project work related to the program
* Manage budgets and contracts associated with program(s) or initiative(s)
* Manage activities of project team resources to support and deliver solutions relating to the program(s)
* Maintain effective working relationships with peers and vendors to seamlessly integrate the program area into the overall strategic objectives and activities of the organization
* Coordinate program support activities, including the development of internal and external communications, establishing road-maps and benchmarks, and developing training plans
* Ensure conformance to system architecture, standards and practices
* Prepare and present project plans, status reports, cost / benefit analysis, recommended funding and resource utilization plans
* Act as a change agent for business processes
* Lead in the evaluation/implementation of third party software solutions
* Demonstrate command of multiple programming languages, basic systems analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage, and interfacing
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science
* Minimum of 6 years of experience in an information systems position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent Quality certification
* Demonstrated ability to execute on assignments while working with technical and functional teams
* Experience with and supporting Supply Chain Logistics/Warehouse Environments
* Knowledge of OTM/GTM with additional hands-on experience
* Knowledge of SAP, Oracle or other ERP applications with additional hands-on experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred
* ITLP Graduate
* Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
* Experience with process quality methodology or infrastructure technologies (compute, database, network, etc.)
* Strong program management skills including project initiation, scoping, resourcing, scheduling, budgeting, risk management and communication
* Ability to deliver compliance requirements
* Ability to excel in a global matrix organization
* Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions
* Understanding of Information Technologies and how to apply them
* Proven leadership skill in both business planning and information technology
* Able to use Six Sigma tools and techniques to drive change
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Experience in CAP (Change Acceleration Process)
* Strong leadership with proven track record for project execution
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.