Job ScopeThe Lead Java Developer is responsible for design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide Operations Support Systems (OSS) applications and their associated operating systems and databases.
The candidate shall be able to work independently during the requirements analysis, system design, code development, testing, and implementation. The candidate is expected to lead automation projects using agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working within a Sr/Lead Developer capacity
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with software architecture/engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with web service standards (REST, SOAP)
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or Information Technology from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
Core Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with development languages (Java, C/C++, ObjectiveC, Perl, Python, ASP/.Net, etc.)
- Experience working with development frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
- Ability to prepare and review the design documentation
- Ability to plan, develop and execute unit test cases to ensure that the developed code performs per the requirements
- Participate in the maintenance and sustainment activities of the system/software
- Provide technical guidance to other team members
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with cross-functional and distributed team of developers, business partners and stake holders.
- Ability to understand customer requirements, develop and propose the most appropriate approach to solve technical problems
- Familiarity with IP networking protocols, tools like Remedy, Netcool, CA Spectrum, Sev One, Resolve, Solarwinds, & Splunk
- Experience working within Telecommunications industry
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.