Lead Java Developer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
This position is for hands-on Payments Platform Core Team Lead for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management? Global Banking Technology (GBT) at Morgan Stanley?s New York offices.
The GBT BPS Money Movement team is embarking in a transformational Future of Payments Platform. Given the expanded book of work, we are building a team responsible for creating the new platform as well as ongoing support of the existing system. This is a hands-on role and is responsible for analyzing user specifications and requirements and providing assistance in coding, testing and debugging applications.
The candidate is expected to provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications. The candidate will also be required to code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of the SDLC. The candidate may also be called on to provide technical, troubleshooting and design guidance to other application development teams. *LI-DC1
The key skills required are:
- 10 years of professional experience using Java & J2EE development frameworks
- 10 years of experience designing and consuming REST/SOAP web services
- Experienced in Agile software development methodology
- Experienced in Spring Framework
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing, and Junit
- Experienced in web application security, authentication methodologies, and SSO technologies
- Demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice, especially around reusability, scalability, and performance
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analysis, design and development skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Solid understanding and experience with object-oriented design and development
- Strong information taxonomy and architecture design skills
- Experienced working with geographically dispersed teams, that fall across different time zones
- Project management skills
- Database experience (preferably DB2 or SQL Server)
- Web development experience (preferably Angular)
- .NET Framework and C# experience