Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal In-Store is committed to revolutionizing customers' retail experiences with safe and faster mobile payment solutions by working closely with retailers of varied verticals around the globe. Working in partnership with Product and UX teams, we build the next generation of commerce products, including mobile payments, cardless ATM cash access, cloud based offers and social payments, to name a few. We are looking for a passionate senior software engineer to join our team based in San Jose, CA to lead a team of software engineers in developing PayPal platform features.
PayPal's In-Store team takes the customer experience for our products seriously, with particular focus on quality, security, performance and availability. The right candidate will be an indispensable contributor to our platform, and have the opportunity to influence a team of engineers and provide technical leadership toward successful delivery of our customer commitments.
To join our team, you'll need to understand our customers' objectives while simultaneously demonstrating a big picture perspective regarding product and business needs. You must be an experienced engineer with a passion to do things right the first time while striving for simplicity.
Do you have a passion for good architecture and design? Is it intuitive to you why we built our platform on microservice architecture and follow domain-driven design principles? If you enjoy working across domains, and are comfortable switching gears - from developing payment transaction processing solutions and designing a PCI- compliant digital card wallet to evolve social payment capabilities; if you have an eye for customer pain points, are driven to learn new business domains just as much as new technologies, and care about quality; if you interact effectively in a team environment and take ownership for and pride in your work - then we would love to hear from you! Responsibilities :
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers reporting to you.
- Software design and development. Collaborate with product and professional services teams to gather requirements.
- Software solution design.
- Work with architects to validate designs.
- Establish engineering best practices.
- Successfully deliver platform features.
- Ensure overall quality of features using test driven development and automation test script implementation.
- Mitigate technical debt on the software platform.
- Carry out code reviews.
- Collaborate cross functionally (Performance, Solutions automation etc.)
- BS in SE/CS or MS with minimum of 8 years' experience.
- Strong foundation in the object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Versatile in multiple programming languages and technologies with an agnostic perspective focusing on paradigms and concept.
- Expertise in enterprise application development with Python and/or Java. (Python experience is preferred).
- Ability to lead and manage a team of software engineers.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Domain driven design .
- Micro services architecture .
- Django and/or Spring & Hibernate. (Django Experience is preferred) .
- Rest Services.
Preferred Skills :
- Experience in payments processing or payments domain.
- Expertise in Cloud services.
- Mastery in enterprise systems integration.
- Familiarity with PCI compliance.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.