Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Summary:
Under the supervision of the Laundry Supervisor, the Lead Laundry Worker is responsible for ensuring optimum machinery and personnel efficiencies of assigned areas in order for the plant to run effectively. Job Duties:
- Responsible for understanding and knowing all the aspects of a Production Laundry Worker.
- Ensures proper coverage of the plant is maintained while employees are on breaks.
- Assists the supervisor in gathering productivity data.
- Able to operate on specific equipment that is assigned.
- Works closely with the maintenance department to ensure all issues are fixed in a timely manner.
- Maintains customer product segregation including rewash, stain, and discard linen.
- Manages operation of the tunnel washers.
- Ensures all linen meets the quality standards designated by specific customers.
- Maintains log of linens discarded to facilitate an accurate linen inventory.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks in an efficient and safe manner.
- Responsible for quality control on assigned tasks. Any questions should be referred to the supervisor.
- Informs the supervisor on level or quantity of supplies.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of work area.
- Responsible for following proper safety policies and procedures at all times.
Use of Equipment: equipment typically used to perform the job
- Exposure to Infectious Disease
- Electrical Equipment
- Blood Contact
- Extreme Heat and Humidity
- Mechanical Equipment
- Other: Sharps
- Large Piece Folder
- Small Piece folder
- Spread Folder
- Cart Dumper
- Cart Washer
to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Previous experience in a high production laundry preferred.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position including, but not limited to repetitive motion and constant standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to organize work.
- Heavy: Lifting 100 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 pounds. Pushing and pulling laundry carts up to 500 pounds.