Lead Life Safety Inspector IIWhat you will do
Fire Alarm Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers' product lines. How you will do it
What we look for
- Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy.
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer.
- Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision.
- Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
- Complete assigned inspections on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Fire and /or Life Safety Systems exp required. .
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with using PCs including working knowledge of MS Excel / Word as well as iPhone apps.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.