Aviation Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Manufacturing Specialist 1 - Prod Process and Equip
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.
In addition you will:
* Define and control production process including tooling and equipment
* Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment. Includes Manufacturing Engineers
* Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods
* Communicates across direct organization
* Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy
* Connects the dots across technologies and develop cross-technology solutions; works on cross-functional projects / teams to deliver technology solutions for the business
* Communicates across the function in area of expertise
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Production Process and Equipment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE Aviation Engine Services - McAllen, L.P. is a repair facility that primarily repairs LPT Blades and LPT Vanes for jet aircraft engines. The facility, located within the Free Trade Zone in McAllen, Texas, is approximately 100,000 square feet and is located ten miles from the Mexican border and seventy miles from South Padre Island, Texas. The area's sub-tropical weather makes for warm summers and mild winters in which hunting and fishing, and many other sports such as golf, and rollerblading are year-round activities. McAllen, known as the Square Dance capital offers in-town bus service, hike and bike trails, many restaurants & a new Convention Center which along with Dodge Arena brings many musical acts and other events to the city.Learn more about our great town!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.