GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Grid Solutions
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
Instrument Transformers, Inc. (ITI) is a wholly owned affiliate of the General Electric Company. ITI designs and manufactures instrument transformers, switches, and related power sensing equipment. We are North Americas leading supplier in custom power sensing components.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Production Quality
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Production Quality will assure conformance to quality plans, procedures, and in-process quality checks. In this role, you will provide regular quality metrics and dashboards to clearly communicate our progress and projects to achieve improvements. Lead cost of quality reduction efforts, analyze product losses, concessions, LDs (Liquidated Damages) and corrective actions and projects to meet and improve business objectives.
As the Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Production Quality, you will:
* Partner with EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) team to identify processes or equipment that can be improved to eliminate safety hazards
* Assure satisfaction of customer requirements and quality needs, lead customer quality investigations and implementation of corrective actions
* Team with production to identify processes that can be improved to leverage productivity
* Utilize Lean tools and techniques to meet production, quality, and growth requirements
* Develop and implement VCP (Value Chain Planning) projects around scrap, warranty, obsolescence, and rework with accountability for successful completion
* Support quarterly site QMR (Quality Management Review), and work with Engineering team to establish monthly flow of data for quarterly reviews
* Support transition of capacitor product line
* Drive a "quality culture" to the production floor with a focus on continuous improvement, and a no defect philosophy
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in an engineering or quality position)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing or quality
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Ability to drive change
* Strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix environment with all levels of personnel
* Strong working knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality operations
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
* Ability to conduct internal and external quality audits to recognize improvement opportunities and work with stakeholders to identify and implement effective CA (Cost Accounting) / PA (Project Accounting) plans
* Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality Certification
* Ability to apply statistical methods to analysis of engineering problems
* Ability to comprehend technical documentation
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.