Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
The First Mate Marina Service Worker will serve as a Captain's Apprentice. They will learn all responsibilities of a Captain and the Maritime Standards that apply. They will work directly with the applicable Captain to go through the proper training and development to complete and pass the Captain's course within the allotted time. First Mates are expected to serve as an example for the Marina Services Workers to aspire to; continually going above and beyond, delivering exemplary customer service and successfully resolving any guest situations that may arise. They should be able to entertain and provide informative, historical, interactive and factually correct commentary to guests about the surrounding area. First Mates are responsible for working next to captains on tows, lake runs, and piloting. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- The First Mates will serve as a Captain's Assistant learning all aspects of being a captain at Lake Powell
- Will learn all proper Captain Duties, and Maritime Standards.
- Will learn and assist in proper towing maneuvers, houseboat operations, current anchoring procedures, etc.
- Will attend to check on and check offs and ensure all houseboats are turned in a timely manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment through daily chore assignments and safety meetings.
- Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the proper steps to correct them.
- Instruct and provide guidance to crew members as needed to ensure vessels are operated in a safe manner.
- They will be required to complete monthly safety inspections, complete electrical readings, and file incident and injury reports on an ongoing basis.
- Employee must have high level of customer service skills to deal with a wide variety of issues that may arise. These issues should be handled appropriately through excellent customer service skills and ultimately represent Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas in a positive manner.
- Coordinate daily operations with the Marina Office, and assist in all functions including: guest service tasks, check on/off duties, up lake anchoring, and new boat/owner orientations.
- Swap out, stock and refill propane tanks.
- Fuel and pump out boats and remove trash from barges as required
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, according to business demand, including weekends, holidays, and on call shifts.
- Report to work on time and in uniform daily.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Interest in attending captain school and progressing in the maritime profession is preferred.
- The First Mate Marina Service Worker reports to Marina Manager.
- Must have strong organization, customer service and communication skills and be able to interact with a diverse workforce and customer base with a positive attitude.
- Willing to gain a good understanding of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas and surrounding area, becoming fully knowledgeable on the area's history, activities and amenities.
- Must be committed to providing safe boat operations.
Equipment Used: Barge, Tow Boat, Houseboats, Pump out Boat, 2 Way Radios, Anchors, Drills, etc. Travel Requirements:
- Must be fluent in the English language in speaking, reading and writing.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcohol test pool.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Cannot be prone to motion sickness or seasickness.
- Must be comfortable being on their feet all day.
- Must be able to work long days in extreme heat.
- Must be able to demonstrate navigation of Lake Powell.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and pass a Motor Vehicle Record history check.
Little or No Travel (>10%) Relocation Bonus:
No Lifting Requirements:
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds of more. Physical Requirements:
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.