GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcareprovides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer - Imaging Subsystems (CT)
Mechanical and Materials
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
This Lead Mechanical Engineer role is an opportunity for design leadership & interaction with cutting edge manufacturing for Xray Tubes. This design position encompasses creation, analysis & testing, along with influencing the broader engineering organization. You'll participate in all phases of the product development life cycle from concept & specification generation to production ramp, along with optimizing functionality, manufacturability, reliability, serviceability & product cost
1. Develop robust designs for new, special, or existing products that can be produced economically and according to established project timelines
2. Leverages knowledge in advanced aspects of technical/functional areas and applies technical theory and practical experience with input from relevant functional areas to solve complex problems
3. Works independently and possesses a level of functional expertise necessary to influence and execute technical and project delivery execution
4. Works with customers and/or program leadership to ensure that the project deliverables are consistent with the goals of larger programs or initiatives
5. Accountable for implementing and teaching engineering standards
6. Owns the technologies that support competitive technical differentiation
7. Engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, manufacturing introduction and service support
8. Collaborate with Product Management to develop product specifications and requirements to drive the product development process.
9. Work from product specifications and requirements to develop component and assembly geometry, specify materials, and establish acceptable performance standards. Perform complex calculations, analysis, and testing to verify assumptions.
10. Collaborate with Supplier Quality and Sourcing to establish appropriate quality metrics, and to select appropriate suppliers.
11. Prepare using 2D and 3D CAD software mechanical drawings, thermodynamic analysis, detailed drawings and assembly models complete with calculated dimensions and tolerances.
12. Revise and alter detailed and layout drawings to conform to engineering changes.
13. Prepare engineering change requests.
14. Direct the construction and testing of prototype and pilot products, and conduct analysis of the test results.
15. Develop test equipment for product manufacturing and testing.
16. Lead complex, cross-functional projects with participants across multiple functional areas.
17. Interface directly with manufacturing employees to clarify questions on drawings and designs. Assist Manufacturing in troubleshooting production issues on standard and special products.
18. Direct project workloads for drafters, designers, and engineers, as appropriate.
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering
2. Experience and knowledge in structural engineering, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, mechanisms, or electro-mechanical assemblies.
3. Understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in structural and/or dynamics analysis resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and/or methods.
4. Complete knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards related to structural analysis, finite element analysis, and structural verification testing.
5. Five years of work experience in new product design and developments.
6. Demonstrated capability in CAE (3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis)
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Ensure compliance/closure of Regulatory and Quality requirements before approving Design Outputs/Program Deliverables
5. Lead continuous improvement activities by driving the implementation of process and product quality improvement initiatives
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Masters in a technology field
2. Demonstrated capabilities in thermal, mechanical, fatigue design
3. Skilled in the Creo and ANSYS tool sets
4. Knowledgeable of materials strength/selection and failure analysis
5. Linear and non-linear structural analysis experience.
6. Knowledgeable of vacuum design, testing and processing
7. Familiarity with design for high temperature operation
8. Experience designing for reliability/serviceability/manufacturability
9. Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams
10. Demonstrated project leadership, planning and influencing skills
11. Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.