As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
Highlights of the Trauma Step-Down Unit:
Medical / Surgical / Trauma Stepdown Unit
• 34 private rooms with bedside monitoring
• Level 2 Trauma
• Primary Stroke Certified
• Fast paced unit
• Great Teamwork
• "Make new staff feel at home" quotes from current team members
• Excellent learning opportunities with the various patient population - trauma, cardiac, neuro, renal, and gastro
LEAD MONITOR TECHNICIAN CHALLENGES AND TASKS
1. Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
2. Maintains Telemetry Supplies and access to documentation sheets.
3. Maintains patient record according to hospital policy.
4. Communicates effectively with staff, supervisors, ancillary departments, and other customers.
5. Maintains a neat and organized work place.
6. Acquires and maintains correct knowledge in hospital/unit information.
7. Operates computer systems as necessary.
8. Coordinate and manage the scheduling of monitor technicians.
9. Participate in quality improvement, materials management, and staff educational needs.
10. Identify and assist nursing director with identification of staff performance strengths, issues, and needs.
11. Mentoring, coaching, and mediating between staff members as well as facilitation of staff orientation for new hires.
11. One or more years of experience as a monitor technician required
Required : High school diploma or GED equivalent. Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course and successful completion of Monitor Technician examination.
Required: 1 year or more of working knowledge of basic rhythms and arrhythmias.
Preferred : Previous experience as CMT/Cardiac Technician or Monitor Technician as an ECG Technician.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom