At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide deep technical expertise as a Lead .NET Developer to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Inform IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical expertise and/or engineering support for maintaining performance and reliability of key IT solutions in an environment that is transitioning from VB.NET to C#, WCF, DevExpress and MS SQL on the back-end. Contribute to project technical architecture design and development.
- Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community in planning the introduction of new technologies and/or identifying the most appropriate technology choices to accomplish goals by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model. Ensure appropriate implementation of technology both within the production and the development environments take place.
- Build and maintain knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assists in development of analysis of their use for business and/or IT clients.
- Identify and provide Business and IT data on IT trends and issues. Participate in IT architecture review and standards setting. Assist in the development of white papers, conducting presentations as needed to explain why a technology is being recommended by IT.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback, and recognition as required.
-Application portfolio includes ASP.Net, MVC, Winforms and Console .Net applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least 5 years experience in .NET Framework (C# and/or VB.net ).
- Experience with DevExpress
- Knowledge of relational database platforms preferably with SQL Server but can also include Oracle, both using stored procedures and an ORM like Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Using distributed version control, preferable with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Prior experience mentoring and guiding developers, taking initiative to redefine and/or redesign application architecture to meet the organization’s changing business requirements.
- Prior experience in SDLC (Systems Development Lifecycle) processes such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written a verbal).
- Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Understanding of project management principles
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.