Job Location: Cary, NC or Clarks Summit, PA
The Lead Analyst is responsible for MetLife Global Network services in US and other 40+ countries, including data center network design, implementation and continuous improvement, global WAN internetworking, application performance consultation, Cloud and Software-Defined Networking, and Level 3 support for high and critical production issues. The role holder must have the ability to review recommend, and implement configurations in a highly complex Network infrastructure, represent operations organization in a wide array of IT application and infrastructure projects requiring broad knowledge of Networking technologies and application infrastructure. Projects will vary from individual system deployments to large scale Network consolidation initiatives spanning multiyear time lines.
- Provide multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills and experience with analyzing and assessing issues on multi-tiered applications. Ability to analyze network and application traces, with in depth knowledge of application protocols - HTTP, HTTPS, SSL.
- Provide hands-on knowledge with data center networking technologies, including Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst 6500, IOS/NXOS, Layer 2/Layer 3 protocols, and load balancing (Citrix or F5).
- Candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in data center infrastructure and global internetworking such as routing and switching, Compute, Virtualization, Storage, network security and Cloud technologies.
- Consult on current and upcoming IT technologies and techniques that cover all levels of Network and IT security architecture, including those that affect business processes, data, applications, and network infrastructure.
- Assist in defining security strategies for infrastructure system design, optimization, and research, analysis and solution delivery. Recommend solutions taking into consideration a security perspective when evaluating options.
- Provide hands-on knowledge with programmability aspects of Data Center components using Python and APIs.
- 10+ years of IT & Network Operations experience working networking infrastructure.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Layer 4 thru Layer 7 technologies and expert level understanding of mainstream protocols such as TCP, HTTP, SSL, FTP and DNS.
- 2+ years of Working knowledge of programmability – APIs, XML, JSON, Python scripting and any other automation tools.
- 2+ years working with Load Balancers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Systems or related field preferred, or 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification; such as CCNP, CCIE, or other relevant industry certification strongly preferred
- Must have strong analytical skills, excellent understanding of application and network architecture, and must be able to assess network designs independently.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams globally
Global Technology and Operations
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 54723
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.