Eaton has a job opening for a Lead OEM Sales Engineer located in Grand Rapids, MI.
The primary function of the Lead OEM Sales Engineer is to sell assigned product lines to targeted customers within the given territory. The position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal for assigned product categories. It will be an expectation to manage all aspects of the customer relationship providing sales and technical assistance to distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers.
Key focus for this position is setting a strategy for selling control, automation and distribution products to Machinery OEM customers. This includes driving market share growth in IEC power control, circuit protection products, variable frequency drives, automation products, etc.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to :
1) Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements;
2) qualify, quote, negotiate and log opportunities;
3) prepare sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness; 4) build relationships with key customers to enhance long-term business prospects;
5) work with product lines to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues;
6) canvas the market to gain insight and adjust to ever changing pricing and delivery requirements;
7) assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions;
8) obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills. Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
•Must have strong knowledge base and experience with control, automation distribution applications and products.
•Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances while continuing to demonstrate superior selling skills for important customer services and applications
•Solid understanding of market trends, industry issues, and knowledge of competitors
•Understands and practices value selling
•Effective interpersonal and teamwork skill
•Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
•Robust presentation, training and communications skills
•Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum five (5) years of OEM experience and/or electrical industry sales experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
• Please note that relocation is not included with this position – only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Eaton’s Grand Rapids, MI sales facility will be considered.
• Territory knowledge of local area with established customer relationships
• Strong knowledge of low voltage drives and controls
• Strong understanding of channels in the local market
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.