Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Lead - Order Fulfillment and Logistics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Order Fulfillment and Logistics Leader is responsible for distribution of finished goods to customers, consolidation, and coordinating logistics for international product shipment. This includes initiating improvements in logistics operation, and facilitates a strategic outlook that will better serve all stakeholders
• Responsible for On Time Shipment / SCOT for transportation
• Overcome road blocks to ensure shipment is made in line with internal and external customers' requirements
• Drive warehousing optimization/Lean projects
• Schedules and coordinates international air, sea and land freight transactions
• Ensures freight transactions are selected based on company objectives for cost and delivery
• Interfaces with brokers and freight forwarders to obtain compliance with company requirements
• Coordinates with freight forwarders to merge or consolidate shipments
• Coordinate with internal departments to ensure shipments are consistent with customer requirements, to support the timely delivery and to communicate to the field regarding order requests
• Proactively resolves and escalates delivery issues to appropriate personnel
• Establish and maintain ISO approved procedures for all operations
• Develop, coach and lead consolidation team, setting measurable goals and objectives to evaluate success
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Proficient knowledge, understanding and leadership for International Trade Compliance, identify, report and resolve any trade compliance issues.
5. Knowledge of operating within security programs such as CTPAT to ensure that warehousing, packaging and transportation requirements are met
1. Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of work experience in manufacturing, logistics, material management, customer service, or supply chain management.
2. At least 2 years of experience leading high performance teams.
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel, Power Point, and Word
4. Efficient communication in English and Spanish
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Materials, or Logistics.
2. Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP) graduate.
3. Experience in Region OTR/Commercial Operations.
4. Minimum of 7 years of operational manufacturing, logistics, warehousing and distribution, or supply chain management.
5. Lean Expertise, including Lean Six Sigma process methodology.
6. Excellent communication and analytical skills, including experience in communicating with others from different countries and cultures.
7. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within the organization.
8. Excellent business/financial acumen, proficient in leading and setting direction for teams, including demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and drive change at all levels of the organization.
9. Excellent growth leadership skills demonstrating clear global perspective and understand factors impacting GEHC businesses and our suppliers.
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.