Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
Audit and Compliance
- Analyze and resolve payroll issues related to tax, general accounting, regulatory requirements, benefits, time reporting, and labor agreement matters.
- Proactively assess needs of the payroll department - Identify, analyze, and recommend business processes, and system enhancements for continuous improvement of the payroll process.
- Develop, run, and review audit reports to ensure accuracy of payroll data.
- Process manual checks, voids, stop pays, direct deposit reversals, and payroll adjustments as necessary.
- Ensure payroll systems and processes are appropriately set up to remain compliant with country/state regulatory legislation related to payroll.
- Develop and maintain payroll-related content for Employee Services Knowledge Base.
- Perform testing support of payroll system patches and upgrades.
- Assist Payroll Manager with research and compliance of U.S. regulations pertaining to labor and tax laws affecting employee paychecks.
- Document and update departmental policies and procedures as needed.
- Perform various audits and review schedules of employee data.
- Payroll processing and Time and Attendance for multiple pay groups for U.S. multi-state exempt and non-exempt (administrative and unionized) employees.
- Work with third party vendors to ensure payrolls are accurately completed per payroll schedules for Panasonic employees in the US.
- Coordinate closely with Payroll Accounting teams.
Customer Support and Process Improvement
- Train HR Services team on payroll processing, time and attendance processes, and updates to ensure 80% first call resolutions.
- Conduct User Training to HR when needed.
- Serve as Tier 2 Payroll support within HR Service model, addressing and resolving employee issues/questions related to pay while ensuring a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Meet service level agreements (SLAs) to ensure we are providing a high level of customer service while maintaining and building strong relationships.
- Increase productivity and efficiencies within department by automating manual and/or outdated processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with team members on leveraging Shared Service customer processes as they relate to Hussmann operations. What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting time and payroll systems in a large corporate environment
- Working knowledge of U.S. wage & hour, garnishment, & payroll tax regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
- Experience with Workday HCM/Payroll/Time Tracking preferred.
- American Payroll Association training (CPP certification an advantage).
Competencies : .
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to analyze complex payroll situations and make recommendations.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, payroll software, and report writing.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the company.
- Good time management skills in order to meet continuous critical deadlines. Communications
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and above average administrative skills. What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.