PAE is a system performance and architecture engineering organization in Oracle's Systems Group covering both vertical and horizontal scalable system performance improvement and architecture design. We focus on Oracle strategic product directions. Current work elaborately concentrates on Cloud service solution architecture and performance based on Sparc and SuperCluster systems. The work scope includes integrating and optimizing Oracle database, Java Enterprise applications with Cloud Infrastructure based on Solaris & SPARC systems. We also develop related performance tool to assist the daily performance work.
Our work can be classified into 4 iterative phases:
- Product overall architecture design,
- Performance characterization,
- Performance analysis,
- Performance improvement with prototype code validation.
Our team responsibility covers all 4 phases.
We are seeking new members who can to evaluate, analyze, improve the whole life-cycle performance in clouds. Ideal candidate will also need to play a key role in certain solution based on next-generation SW and system HW. Candidate needs excellent track record in product performance work and proof-of-concept solution architecture design & prototyping. Candidate should also have the ability to interact with various teams including but not limiting to:
- Cloud management
- Oracle DB
- Enterprise applications
- Web servers & services
- Data Analytics
- OS kernel
- Microprocessor & system design
- Quality Assurance
in addressing timely the associated service performance in Clouds. Candidate would also require to interact with customers directly to address performance issues when needed.
- Solid RDBMS (e.g. Oracle DB), NoSQL, and/or Data Modelling and Analytics experience
- Enterprise application performance optimization
- 5 years hands-on experience in benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning
- Knowledge of system-wide performance analysis, including kernel core, storage, and networking performance tuning & optimization
- Solid understanding of storage & networking fundamentals, concepts, and components
- Knowledge and experience in kernel under Unix-like operating system, e.g., Solaris or Linux
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technology
- Design and develop automated test cases for solution verification including performance assessments
- Familiar with Cloud management tools, e.g. openStack
- Experience in end-to-end security design would be highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.